Good staff can be hard to find. And it’s no secret that scouring the job market for potential new employees, screening, interviewing and negotiating the terms of hire can be time-consuming. To speed up the process without sacrificing quality, you can take a few smart steps to bring medical employees on board faster.
Looking for medical employees fast? The following five techniques can make it much easier and faster to find the staff you need.
- Get specific with your job descriptions. You can help to naturally narrow down candidates with a job description that includes only the specifics—all necessary qualifications, education, skills, experience, etc. List all must-haves at the top of your qualifications list, and all nice-to-haves closer to the bottom. It can also help to include as much about the job role, benefits and facility culture as possible.
- Incentivize your employees to help. Your staff may know of colleagues who are currently looking for a new career opportunity. And hard workers usually know others who are of the same caliber. By providing incentives for recommendations, you can make it much easier to find high-quality new hires.
- Don’t forget the cover letter. An applicant’s resume gives the facts, but a cover letter is where it gets more personal—thoroughly read a cover letter for clues to a candidate’s work ethic and passion. This can make it much faster to scan a pile of applications.
- Check local colleges and professional organizations. If you’re posting on big job boards such as Monster.com and LinkedIn.com, you’re likely to attract a wide audience of potential hires. But you can narrow your focus by posting job openings on the job boards of professional organizations or colleges specific to your industry.
- Work with a recruiter. Staffing agencies have access to databases of talent—both active and passive—and contacts throughout the job market. They stake their reputations on finding the candidates you need for success, and can be a tremendous time saver if you’re looking for new medical staff. Since time is money, they can also be one of your most cost-efficient options.
Choosing a recruiter
If you’re searching for medical employees, you can improve your chances of finding best-matched hires working with a niche medical recruiter. That’s because a niche or boutique recruiter will be the most familiar with your industry, your needs and what it takes to make a candidate great.
KTE Services can help
We specialize in the placement of anesthesiologists, CRNAs, pain management professionals, physician assistant and nurse practitioners. And we’ll work with you to understand your staffing needs and help you find high-quality healthcare staff that fit. To learn more, contact our experienced recruiters today.